Welcome to the Hug Hotseat! This month’s Q&A features RJE’s Deb Nelson of Louisville.
Name: Deborah J. Nelson, LEED ID+C
Title: DIRTT Account Executive
Location: Louisville, KY
1. In your opinion, what is the best day of the year?
Any day I can spend with my family is a good day for me. I love the change of the seasons, but hiking on a beautiful spring or fall day with my family (including my dog) would be a perfect day.
2. What do you love most about living in Louisville?
I love living in Louisville because we have great restaurants – like Mojitos, my favorite! We also have the Louisville Loop to bike or walk on and lots of great hiking trails. Louisville also has loads of activities to participate in. When we get visitors from out of town, we love to take them to the underground zip-lines, go to a museum or walk the Big Four Bridge that spans across the Ohio river.
3. What are you reading right now?
Winston Graham’s “Poldark” series. I love reading historical fiction.
4. If you could give a million dollars to any organization, which would you give it to?
I think I would donate it to Volunteers Of America (VOA), since they do such great work with mothers battling addiction, homeless veterans and many others. My husband and I already work with and contribute to the organization, so it would be an amazing gift.
5. What are you most looking forward to this month?
The week between Christmas and New Year’s. I enjoy packing up my holiday decorations and thinking about the exciting adventures the new year will bring.
6. If you could immediately teleport to any place in the world for a two-week vacation, where would you go?
Bora Bora, in French Polynesia. I would stay in one of the bungalows that are built over the water.
7. What gets you excited to come to work at RJE every morning?