Welcome to the Hug Hotseat! This month’s Q&A features Laurie Grandys, our Service Coordinator from Indianapolis.
Name: Laurie Grandys
Title: Service Coordinator
Location: Indianapolis, IN
1. In your opinion, what is the best day of the year?
For me, the best day of the year is opening day for my golf league, the IWGL. I get to see friends that I haven’t seen all winter long and we get to play at a lot of different courses over the span of the season.
2. What do you love most about living in Indianapolis?
I like living in Indianapolis because it has a big city feel, without being a big city. It is also close enough to my parents that I can enjoy their company occasionally, but also far enough away so they don’t stop over whenever they feel like it.
3. What are you reading right now?
I’m reading “The President is Missing” by Bill Clinton and James Patterson. It’s good so far!
4. If you could give a million dollars to any organization, which would you give it to?
I’d give it to any organization where the leadership does not make substantially more than their staff — I think it shows a higher level of commitment when my contribution goes mostly toward their cause and not huge salaries.
5. What are you most looking forward to this month?
I am looking forward to Christmas, because I love watching my family members’ expressions when they open my gifts.
6. If you could immediately teleport to any place in the world for a two-week vacation, where would you go?
I’d head to Colorado because the low humidity means my golf balls travel a further distance! My standard 200 yard drives reach 250 when I play there.
7. What gets you excited to come to work at RJE every morning?
Coworkers that make me laugh — Bob Manley, in particular!