Welcome to the Hug Hotseat! This month’s Q&A features Steve Cooney, Vice President of Sales for RJE Indianapolis.
Name: Steve Cooney
Title: Vice President of Sales
Location: Indianapolis, IN
1. In your opinion, what is the best day of the year?
Everyone will eventually get annoyed of hearing me say this over and over again, but I honestly believe that everyday is a great day! However, my favorite time of year is the fall. I love when college football season starts…GO IRISH!!!
2. What do you love most about living in Indianapolis?
Indianapolis is such a great city. It truly is large enough to offer great sports, entertainment and restaurants, but small enough to have that hometown, friendly feeling.
3. What are you reading right now?
I am knee-deep in coaching travel baseball right now, so the only thing I’ll be reading for the time being are baseball stats!
4. If you could give a million dollars to any organization, which would you give it to?
If I had a million dollars to give, I would try and help children in need. With that, I’d donate it to Riley Children’s Hospital here in Indianapolis.
5. What are you most looking forward to this month?
May is the start of my third month in this exciting role. I’m really looking forward to working with our sales team and getting out to meet with our customers. Personally, I’m excited about the weather getting warmer, baseball season starting, possibly trying to sneak in a round of golf and the Indy 500!
6. If you could immediately teleport to any place in the world for a two-week vacation, where would you go?
There are so many places that I’d love to visit, but I’m not picky. Anywhere tropical with my wife and kids!
7. What gets you excited to come to work at RJE every morning?
Definitely the RJE culture and all the incredible people that are part of the RJE family!