Designer – Indianapolis
RJE Business Interiors has an opening for an Interior Designer based in Indianapolis. As an Interior Designer, your responsibility will be to perform standard design tasks while interfacing between sales staff, customers, installation teams and manufacturers’ representatives.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
Performs standard design tasks
- Gathers programming information on assigned projects
- Generates typicals for budgeting
- Participates in product evaluation and selection
- Develop furniture floorplan, specifications, and finish form for approvals
- Provide installation packet
- Follows spec check process
- Provides collateral materials for bid or proposal responses
- Assists with generation of punchlist specifications
- Provides design fee options and maintains timesheets
Replace the sales person on certain predetermined tasks on a per project basis
- Typical specification with client
- Client presentations
- Punch walk-thru
- Site visits
- Create project process documents including timelines, calendars, quote forms, etc.
Adheres to Design Standards and Company Policies
- Follows standards established for saving and naming files, drawings, specifying, and other policies and standards
- Follows company policies and procedures
- 1-2 years of previous design experience in the commercial furniture industry preferred
- Must have a degree in Interior Design (2 or 4 year accepted)
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work both independently and in team environments
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Please email Kim Dutkosky at kdutkosky@RJE-bi.com if interested in applying.
Fall Design Intern – Indianapolis
RJE has an opening for a Design Intern at our Indianapolis location. Our design interns spend a minimum of three days a week (no fewer than 12 hours per week) learning about the technical skillset required to work within the workplace solutions industry.
During the internship, the student will:
- Learn how to specify furniture using AutoCAD and 2020 CAP
- Learn how to render using Visual Impressions
- Create bid responses
- Create technical specification sheets
- Manage the library
- Take part in technical training sessions
- Participate on sales calls
- Participate in vendor meetings and training sessions
Hours are flexible to accommodate the student’s school schedule. Please email Kim Dutkosky at kdutkosky@RJE-bi.com if interested in applying.