Welcome to the Hug Hotseat! This month’s Q&A features John Duffy, the new President of RJE Kentucky. We are thrilled to welcome John to the RJE team and can’t wait to see how his leadership guides the success of our Kentucky business.
Name: John Duffy
Location: Louisville, KY
1. In your opinion, what is the best day of the year?
So far for this year it has been September 1 — the opening day for the University of Georgia’s football season!
2. What do you love most about living in Louisville?
As I write this note, my family and I are moving to Louisville. We relocated from St. Petersburg, Florida where we have lived the past three years. However, we spent more than 20 years in Georgia. Kentucky is very much like Georgia with nicer people and a lot less traffic. We love the hills, trees and moderate climate. Louisville is very much like Savannah. More importantly, we are now closer to several of our grown children. So, it’s like coming home only better.
3. What are you reading right now?
“The Watchdogs Didn’t Bark” – A reexamination of the how the intelligence agencies failed to coordinate to stop the events of 9-11. This book took 10 years to write and publish. It was co-authored by my son, John Duffy, and was released on September 11, 2018.
4. If you could give a million dollars to any organization, which would you give it to?
To organizations who rescue pets, as we are a family of dog lovers and currently have four!
5. What are you most looking forward to this month?
We are looking forward to finally getting through our move!
6. If you could immediately teleport to any place in the world for a two-week vacation, where would you go?
I’d visit Ireland so I could see where my ancestors are from.
7. What gets you excited to come to work at RJE every morning?
The opportunity. Every day offers a new opportunity to serve our customers, develop and execute on the business growth strategies and to participate in coaching and leading the team to meet their individual goals. It’s now my turn to give back.