‘Tis the season of giving, so we are celebrating RJE’s culture of giving back and the incredible work that our employees have done in support of our communities for 2019. To honor them and their hard work, our 2019 philanthropy synopsis is below. Take a look and see how our team members and their families are changing lives across the Midwest, one neighborhood at a time.
Our ask: Thanksgiving is upon us and while many will be tucking into turkey and stuffing very shortly, there are thousands of families across the Midwest struggling in one way or another. We encourage our friends, families and community members to find and support organizations in their communities that are helping those in need. Thank you!
With the addition of our Columbus market in 2019, RJE was proud to add another team of United Way supporters to our giving crew! In addition to meeting our donation goal as an organization, RJE is proud to share that we had 100% participation for the 17th consecutive year. We may be a smaller company, but our contribution is mighty and we are incredibly thankful for the generosity of our employees every single year. Outside of our annual campaign, RJE continued to support United Way’s efforts through internal events, local sponsorships and by advocating their cause throughout our six markets.
We’re thrilled to host our 2nd Annual Reason for the Season event next week in Louisville, where our team invites guests to assemble healthy snack packs and personal care kits for families in need in partnership with Metro United Way.
CHARITY AT WORK
Outside of our commitment to United Way, RJE proudly champions many other causes across our communities. Some of the causes that we supported as a company in 2019 include:
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Dress for Success
- Families First
- Rotary Club
- Girl Scouts
- Industry organizations like: IIDA, IFMA, AIA, and CREW
- YMCA & YWCA
- Wheeler Mission
CHARITY AT HOME
Our team members are just as giving outside of work as they are in-office. Here is a small sample of the organizations that our team members championed this year:
- American Heart Association
- Riley Children’s Foundation
- Salvation Army
- Planned Parenthood
- Toys for Tots
- Habitat for Humanity
- ASPCA & several local humane societies
- March of Dimes
- Several Parks Foundation and other wildlife conservation organizations
- Several cancer-focused organizations like American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen and St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Local arts and cultural institutes like museums, symphony orchestras, music programs for children and more
- Our market Chambers of Commerce
- Nearly a dozen faith-based organizations
- Missions and homeless shelters across our cities
At RJE, we always say that everything we do and all the success we share are because of our people. We’re incredibly proud of our generous team members and the incredible work they continue to do for their communities. We wish all of you a happy and healthy holiday season in 2019!